Reports to: The Manager.Status: One-year fixed term contract, full time (35 hours per week) with the possibility to extend.
Our office address is in Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin. This position facilitates remote working, while also involving meeting, training and managing volunteers at different locations across Dún Laoghaire Rathdown (DLR). Occasionally, you may need to travel to other locations in Dublin.
Six Months Salary: €32,000 – €36,000 (depending on experience)
We are excited to be recruiting a Community Volunteers & Projects Co-ordinator to join our team. This role involves leading impactful projects that develop volunteering, support inclusion and create meaningful opportunities to get involved locally. In this role, you will:
- Lead the development and management of an events-based and urgent community response volunteering initiative – DLR Community Volunteers. You will work with our team, local stakeholders and volunteers to respond to needs in the community. This will involve:
- Recruiting and managing a team of volunteers in response to local asks.
- Liaising with all stakeholders, developing meaningful communications and promoting the value and impact of the initiative.
- Creating new opportunities to volunteer in the county.
- Support new arrivals to our county to start volunteering with different projects and facilitate their involvement in the Community Volunteers programme.
- Play a leadership role in promoting our work online through social media.
- Work with the team on other projects, as required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a creative, dedicated and dynamic team, where there is a genuine openness to trying new things and making a difference.
Please see our job description below for more details.
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Volunteer Centre
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Volunteer Centre in an independent non-profit organisation and registered charity which works alongside Volunteer Ireland and a network of Volunteer Centres. We develop volunteering in the County, by supporting individuals to volunteer and organisations to involve volunteers. Our mission is to promote the value of volunteering and increase the range and
quality of volunteering in Dún Laoghaire Rathdown.
We are committed to a work culture that is grounded in our values of Respect, Growth, Creativity, Collaboration and delivering Meaningful Work.
To find out more about our work, please visit our website www.volunteerdlr.ie
Apply with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications will be assessed according to the following areas, which your cover letter should touch on:
- Knowledge/Experience of Volunteering & Volunteer Management
- Project Management Skills
- IT/Social Media Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
1pm, Monday 21st of August 2023
Short listing will apply.
Due to the large volume of applications anticipated, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references.
DLR Volunteer Centre is an Equal Opportunities Employer